July Merch Recap

Earlier this month, Cakeworthy released a shirt containing every Neopet and a second series of Faerie Doll pins. You can save 25% off your entire purchase with code HALLOWEENISCOMING until Monday, August 1 at 11:59pm.

What's Your Passion Jewelry released a handful of exclusives for San Diego Comic Con, all of which sold out at the Neopets & What's Your Passion booth by Saturday morning of SDCC. Fortunately for those not able to attend, the Neopets pins could be pre-ordered online during the convention.

A sheet of Upper Deck's new Faerie cards was also given out at SDCC:

Geekify has dropped two new sets of pride pins. According to the listing, "15% of every sale goes to foundations and charities assisting marginalized communities."

A new Fyora fleece blanket and poster have been added. The previous fleece blanket designs are now also available as posters.

Finally, Geekify offered a sneak peek at their upcomming Holiday merchandise:

We've got a Geekify merch announcement for the upcoming holiday season! We've got three new Neopets Christmas ornaments, a stocking, and an all-new Advent Calendar, and possibly some more goodies . We'll be opening pre-orders next month to help gauge quantities for production.

You HAVE to enter your email if you want to add anything to your cart on Geekify?! I just wanted to see how much shipping to my country would be. If it's too much, I won't buy but I already know I'll get spammed every day with "You left an item in your cart!" "Don't forget to order!" "Are you still interested in (item)?" won't I? -_- No thanks. I was excited that they ship worldwide but I can't stand sites that send you "cart status" emails.
by biediep on August 1, 2022 1:51 AM NST

@biediep: you don't need to actually enter your email address, if you click "no thanks" the pop up window will disappear but the item is still added to your cart
by blue_star_51 on August 1, 2022 1:13 PM NST

Am I the only one who questions the idea of selling pins to proclaim one's sexuality? I am probably the only one..
by apophis324 on August 2, 2022 12:41 AM NST

No apophis324, you are not.

Let me be perfectly clear - if someone actually wants to, I am completely fine with that, but I do wonder how many of these will sell
by contessa on August 2, 2022 2:26 PM NST

I've known for years that there is no pink in the rainbow--and that's how I got paid, too. Pfft! So half of humanity is excluded. (Blue is in the rainbow, pink is not.)

Now I learn that there is no straight in the sexuality cluster. Exclusion here is +/-90%. (That's a lot of pins.)

Applause for inclusion for those who have been feeling on the outside! Not so much for excluding anyone. We know how bad exclusion is. It isn't "reverse exclusion." Its just exclusion. Wrong anywhere, wrong everywhere.

Things that make you go, "hmmmm."
by breezydreams on August 3, 2022 1:03 AM NST

Assuming you're talking about the pride flag, pink was in the original flag. It was dropped because when production of pride flags ramped up in the 70s, pink fabric wasn't readily available. Turquoise also used to be in the flag but was dropped so the flag could be evenly split into two groups of colors to decorate lamp posts. Additionally, each color in the flag has a specific meaning, and pink and blue were not for "women" and "men". There's no exclusion of gender in the pride flag.

Also, there's no "straight" representation in the LGBT+/queer community because that community is specifically meant to represent and give a voice to people who aren't straight/cisgender. There isn't a need for that visible representation when it accounts for a *vast* majority of the population, especially when society has been built around being straight/cisgender.
by acosm on August 3, 2022 2:55 PM NST

Thanks. I didn't know that about the shortage of fabric color. The strangest things influence society, don't they?

OTOH... Its good to learn that society hasn't been built around men, no offense. With my 60 to 70 cents on the dollar career, I can't afford the medical help I'd get free if I were not female. So, there's that reality rearing its ugly head again. I know I've still had it better than many others. I mostly ate regularly, and was somewhat safer on the streets. What people do to people can be horrendous.
by breezydreams on August 3, 2022 8:31 PM NST

I bought the shirt that has all the Neopets on it and absolutely love it.

Looking forward to the Christmas stuff
by josie on August 6, 2022 9:36 PM NST